Stay in line with Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 and ensure all employees have a deep understanding of working with asbestos before undertaking licensed work.
Who is the course for?
Any persons carrying out licensable work with asbestos containing materials, as laid down in Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012. This would normally include but is not limited to: licensed asbestos removal contractors; ancillary trades such as scaffolders who undertake licensed asbestos ancillary work; companies maintaining negative pressure units and class “H” vacuums; and, those required to enter into enclosures to carry out other ancillary work. Courses are designed for operatives, supervisors, managers and directors.
It is a regulatory requirement (CAR 2012, regulation 10) for every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
CAR 2012, ACoP L143 (Second Edition) Regulation 10, Paragraph 246 – 253 specifies the training that is required for those undertaking licensable work with asbestos containing materials. This is also further stated in the Health and Safety Guidance Document– Asbestos – The Licensed Contractors Guide (HSG247), Appendix 4.1.
How long is the duration of the course?
Licensable training is separated into the following categories and the expected duration of training is outlined below:
- New Operative: 3 days or a minimum of 18 learning hours (inclusive of 1 day or a minimum of 6 learning hours of practical sessions.
- New Supervisor: 3 days or a minimum of 18 learning hours (inclusive of 1 day or a minimum of 6 learning hours of practical sessions).
- New Managers/Director: 2 days or a minimum of 12 learning hours.
- Scaffolders: ½ day or a minimum of 3 learning hours.
- Scaffolding Supervisors: ½ day or a minimum of 3 learning hours (in additional to the ½ day or minimum of 3 learning hours Scaffolder training).
- Managers/Directors of Scaffolding Companies: 1 day or a minimum of 6 learning hours.
- Refresher training for all roles: 1 day or a minimum of 6 learning hours (with the exception of Scaffolders and Scaffolding Supervisors where the expected duration of this training will be ½ day or a minimum of 3 learning hours).
Where does the course take place?
The course is delivered at our training centre in Chorley where we hold all of the necessary training materials and equipment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself, your respirator (if face fitted) and a whole bunch of enthusiasm. We supply the rest.
When does the course take place?
Our course times vary. Please contact us using the enquiry form for more details on when the next available course is taking place.
At TASC, we have been providing UKATA asbestos training for over 15 years.
- We are a founding member of UKATA
- We are able to tailor your training requirements to individual needs
- All refresher training is based on a training needs analysis (TNA)
For more information or to book onto this course, please contact us.
Find out more
Click here to enquire about booking this course.Enquire now